Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Hearts




Rummaging through the leftovers of our demolished apartment, I found another memory.  It was a college book I bought in 1993.  The other side of the front cover held a double heart shaped sticker.  I know it's corny or in my language "baduy" but bear in mind that I was 16 at the time.  And as most college students are, penniless.  Not able to afford an expensive gift, I aimed for his sweet tooth.  It was a heart shaped box that held 9 pieces of assorted munchkin.  The top of the box held the double heart shaped sticker.  I remember peeling it off and sticking it to my book so to remember the first valentines we had together. 

Oh Michael, you were my first legal boyfriend.  I state LEGAL because he is the first boyfriend my dad knew.  He was also the first to break my heart.  I'm so glad it's all a memory.  I'm very happy with what I have now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...