Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

A Hanging Veggie Basket


A small apartment can really make you creative.  I'm always looking for space where I can keep our things.  Hence, organizing is such a need.  Buying cabinets would be the easiest thing to do but since I decided to resign from my job, it's not exactly the easiest thing for me to do.  Like now, I need a place to put my veggies.  I wanted it in a place where I can easily see it and within reach.  That's when I decided to make a hanging veggie basket.



So here's a picture of what I'm going to need.  Of course 3 baskets, it cost Php 15 each.  I'm actually upset with the price cause there's a store that sells it for Php 10 only but the store wasn't open when I got there.  Utility knife or scissors, A ruler and my leftover strings.  See!  I get to use my leftover strings.




Just cut 4 pieces of string long enough for the 3 baskets.  Then tie them on 4 points of your basket.




I inserted a plastic box in between the baskets so I'd get the correct length for the strings before tying them together.  Just continue tying till you get all 3 baskets connected.




And then I tied all the ends of the strings together, attach them to the S shaped hook and hang them on the bar on top of my kitchen sink.  It's not going to hold all my veggies.  It's mainly onions, garlic, tomatoes, ginger, calamansi and other small veggies that I regularly use for cooking.  All in all, I only spent Php 45 for the baskets.  It's actually less than a dollar (US$1 = Php 47).  The other materials I used I already have.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...